In this article, we will see 20 most frequently asked questions about Indian National Congress. The Indian national congress or INC, is the first modern nationalistic party of India that played a key role in the independence of the country. INC was the central point of all the activities which was planned and performed against the British raj in India.
It was initially created to focus on moderate reforms against the British raj but later on it played a significant role in providing a push to make India free from British raj. Almost all the prominent leaders of that time started their journey from the congress party only. So here we will see some of the most frequently asked questions about this party in below section.
20 Most Frequently Asked Questions about Indian National Congress(INC)
Also Read: The Causes of World War I and II: Origin and History
1. Who founded Indian National Congress(INC) ?
Ans. It was primarily founded by 72 member delegate in which the most prominent leaders were A.O Hume, Dinshaw Edulji Wacha and Dadabhai Naoroji.
2. Who was the first president of Indian national congress(INC) ?
Ans. Wyomesh Chandra Banerjee became the first president of INC in Dec 1885.
3. When was Indian national congress formed ?
Ans. It was formed on 28 December 1885 at Gokuldas Tejpal Sanskrit College in Bombay, with 72 delegates in attendance.
4. Who did the Indian national congress wish to speak for ?
Ans. INC wished to speak for all the people of India, irrespective of class, color, caste, creed, language, or gender.
5. Who formed the swaraj party within the Congress ?
Ans. Motilal Nehru and C.R Das formed the Swaraj party within the congress.
6. Who was the first woman president of Indian National Congress(INC) ?
Ans. The first woman president of the INC was Annie Besant.
7. Who was the first Muslim president of Indian National Congress ?
Ans. Badruddin Tyabji was the first Muslim President of the INC.
8. Where was the 1931 session of Indian National Congress held ?
Ans. The 1931 session of INC was held in Karachi.
9. Where was the first session of Indian National Congress held ?
Ans. The first session of INC was held in Bombay on 28th December 1885.
10. Where was the congress session of 1929 held ?
Ans. The Congress session of 1929 was held in Lahore.
11. Who was the youngest president of Indian National Congress(INC) ?
Ans. Maulana Azad, at the age of 35 became the youngest president of INC.
12. Who was the first English president of Indian National Congress ?
Ans. George Yule was the first English president of INC.
13. Who presided the 1905 congress session in Banaras ?
Ans. Gopal Krishan Gokhale presided the 1905 congress session in Banaras.
14. Who was the congress president when India became free ?
Ans. Jivatram Bhagwandas Kripalani was the congress president when India became free.
15. Who is known as the father of Indian National Congress(INC) ?
Ans. A.O Hume is known as the father of INC.
16. Why did the congress boycott the Simon commission ?
Ans. Congress was primarily boycotted the Simon commission because all of its members were Englishmen and did not have a single Indian member. It was an all-white commission.
17. Who was the first British president of Indian national congress(INC) ?
Ans. A.O Hume was the first British president of INC.
18. Why Subhash Chandra Bose left congress ?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Bose left congress because it was getting increasingly difficult for him to deliver by following the ideology of congress. His method of working created different faction in the congress resulted in the resignation of Subhash Chandra Bose at the end.
19. When was the Non Cooperation programme adopted by the congress ?
Ans. Non Cooperation was agreed to by the Indian National Congress at Calcutta (now Kolkata) in September 1920.
20. When did Mahatma Gandhi joined Congress ?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi joined congress in the year 1915.