In this article, we will look into 25 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Eiffel Tower. If someone asks about France most Iconic cultural tower then it is none other than the Eiffel Tower. This tower became the most-visited paid monument in the world in 2015 with 6.91 million visitors. During its construction, the Eiffel Tower surpassed the Washington Monument to become the tallest man-made structure in the world, a title it held for 41 years until the Chrysler Building in New York City was finished in 1930. We will see some of the most frequently asked questions from this tower in below section. More about Eiffel Tower.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Eiffel Tower
Also Read: 25 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Statue of Liberty
1. How tall is the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. The tower is 324 metres (1,063 ft) tall.
2. When was the Eiffel Tower built ?
Ans. 31st March, 1889
3. Where is the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. Champ de Mars, 5 Av. Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
4. Why was the Eiffel Tower built ?
Ans. The Eiffel Tower was built to be one the main attractions at the Paris World's Fair in 1889. That year, the World's Fair covered the entire Champ de Mars in Paris and its focus was the vast constructions in iron and steel that were the great industrial advancement of that time.
5. Who built the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. Gustave Eiffel
6. What is the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. The Eiffel Tower is a wrought-iron lattice tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France.
7. Where is the Eiffel Tower located ?
Ans. Paris, France
8. Who designed the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. Stephen Sauvestre, Maurice Koechlin and Émile Nouguier
9. How long did it take to build the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. 2 years, 2 months and 5 days
10. What year was the Eiffel Tower built ?
11. What color is the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. The tower is usually painted in three distinct colors: a neutral brown on the lower levels and two redder, lighter shades on top.
12. What is the Eiffel Tower made of ?
Ans. The Eiffel tower is made of Iron.
13. How tall is the Eiffel Tower in meters ?
Ans. 324 metres
14. How tall is the Eiffel Tower in feet ?
Ans. 1,063 feet
15. How many steps in the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. There are 1665 steps from the esplanade up to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
16. How old is the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. 134 Years
17. Who is the Eiffel Tower named after ?
Ans. Gustave Eiffel
18. How much does the Eiffel Tower weigh ?
Ans. Around 10,100 tons
19. How many floors is the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. The tower has 3 floors
20. What does the Eiffel Tower represent ?
Ans. It represents the distinct character of the City of Paris.
21. How many peoples visit the Eiffel tower annually ?
Ans. About 7 million people
22. How many persons worked on the construction of the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. About 150-200 persons
23. Who is responsible for operating the Eiffel Tower ?
Ans. The Société d'exploitation de la tour Eiffel (SETE)
24. How many names has been engraved on the tower in recognition of their contribution to the building of the tower ?
Ans. 72 names
25. When was the construction of Eiffel Tower started ?
Ans. 28th January, 1887