In this article, I will take you through 30 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Planet Uranus but before that let me ask you a question. Do you know which was the first planet found with the aid of a telescope ? If your answer is Planet Uranus then you are absolutely correct. It was the first planet found with the aid of a telescope, Uranus was discovered in 1781 by astronomer William Herschel, although he originally thought it was either a comet or a star. We will see some of the most frequently asked questions about Planet Uranus in below section. More about Planet Uranus.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Planet Uranus
1. What is Uranus ?
Ans. Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun, and has the third-largest diameter in our solar system.
2. How many moons does Uranus have ?
3. Does Uranus have rings ?
4. What color is Uranus ?
Ans. The methane gives Uranus its signature blue color..
5. How far is Uranus from the Sun ?
Ans. Uranus is about 2.9518 billion km from the Sun.
6. What is Uranus made of ?
Ans. Uranus is made of water, methane, and ammonia fluids above a small rocky center.
7. How many rings does Uranus have ?
Ans. Uranus has two sets of rings. The inner system of nine rings consists mostly of narrow, dark grey rings. There are two outer rings: the innermost one is reddish like dusty rings elsewhere in the solar system, and the outer ring is blue like Saturn’s E ring.
8. Is Uranus a Gas Giant ?
9. Who discovered Uranus ?
Ans. William Herschel
10. When was Uranus discovered ?
Ans. 13 March 1781
11. How big is Uranus ?
Ans. Uranus is the third largest planet in the Solar System. It has a diameter of 31,765 miles or 51,118 kilometers which is about four times the diameter of Earth.
12. How long does it take to get to Uranus ?
Ans. As per current information, it takes around nine and a half years to reach Uranus.
13. What is the temperature of Uranus ?
Ans. The planet’s average temperature is a frigid -353 degrees F.
14. How did Uranus get its name ?
Ans. German astronomer Johann Elert Bode (whose observations helped to establish the new object as a planet) named Uranus after an ancient Greek god of the sky.
15. How far is Uranus from Earth ?
Ans. Uranus is about 2.8285 billion km from Earth.
16. How long does it take Uranus to orbit the Sun ?
Ans. 84 years
17. How long is a day on Uranus ?
Ans. 17h 14m
18. How long is a year on Uranus ?
Ans. 84 years
19. How many earths can fit in Uranus ?
Ans. 63 Earths
20. Is Uranus bigger than Neptune ?
Ans. Uranus is slightly larger in diameter than its neighbor Neptune.
21. How old is Uranus ?
Ans. Planet Uranus is about 4.503 billion years old.
22. What is the diameter of Uranus ?
Ans. 50,724 km
23. What is Uranus atmosphere made of ?
Ans. Uranus’ atmosphere is mostly hydrogen and helium, with a small amount of methane and traces of water and ammonia.
24. How many spacecraft visited Uranus ?
Ans. Only one spacecraft has visited distant Uranus.
25. Which is the largest moon of the Uranus ?
Ans. Oberon and Titania are the largest Uranian moons.
26. Which is the only planet whose English name is derived directly from a figure of Greek mythology ?
Ans. Planet Uranus
27. Which is the second least dense planet after Saturn ?
28. How many layers of Structures does Uranus have ?
Ans. The Standard model of Uranus structure has three layers:-
- A rocky core in the Center.
- An Icy Mantle in the middle.
- An outer gaseous hydrogen/helium envelope.
29. Which is the coldest planet in the Solar System ?
Ans. As per current information, it is Uranus.
30. Can you see Uranus with naked eye ?