In this article, I will go through 30 Most Important Questions About the American Revolution but before that let me ask you a simple question. Do you know who is known as the founding father of United States ? You probably answered it correctly. America's Founding Fathers included George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, James Monroe and Benjamin Franklin. We will see some of the important questions about the American Revolution in below section.
Most Important Questions About the American Revolution
Also Read: The Kingdom of Italy(1870-1914) Best Q&A
1. When was the American Revolution ?
Ans. American revolution started on 22nd March 1765 and continued till 15th December 1791.
2. What was the American Revolution ?
Ans. The American Revolution was an ideological and political revolution that occurred in colonial North America between 1765 and 1791. The Americans in the Thirteen Colonies formed independent states that defeated the British in the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783), gaining independence from the British Crown and establishing the United States of America, the first modern constitutional liberal democracy. More about American Revolution.
3. When did the American Revolution start ?
Ans. The American Revolution started on April 19, 1775, with the exchange of gunfire at Lexington and Concord in Massachusetts.
4. When did the American Revolution end ?
Ans. The American Revolution officially ended on September 3, 1783, with the signing of the Treaty of Paris.
5. When did Boston Massacre happened ?
6. Which Act prohibited the Public Meeting in Town Halls ?
Ans. Intolerable Acts 1774.
7. When was the first meeting of all 13 Colonies Representatives happened ?
Ans. Sep 1774
8. When did Boston Tea Party happened ?
Ans. 16th Dec, 1773
9. What happened in Boston Tea Party ?
Ans. A group of men led by Samuel Adams boarded the ships of East India Company and dumped tea worth of 1000 pounds into the sea. This event is known as the Boston Tea Party.
10. When did the hostility official broke out during American Revolution historical war ?
Ans. April, 1775
11. Which act forced the people to pay for English Soldiers stationed in America and provide lodging also if required ?
Ans. Quartering Act, 1764
12. Can you name few prominent members of American Revolution History ?
Ans. Few of the Prominent members are :-
- George Washington
- Benjamin Franklin
- Patrick Henry
- Alexander Hamilton
- Thomas Jefferson
13. Who was the King of England during the American Revolution ?
Ans. George III
14. How did the American Revolution influence the French revolution ?
Ans. The French people saw that a revolt could be successful - even against a major military power and lasting change was possible. Many experts argue that this gave them the motivation to rebel.
15. Which Act Repealed Stamp Act 1765 ?
Ans. Declaratory Act 1766
16. By which act New York's Legislature Suspended ?
Ans. Townshed Act 1767
17. What was the first Battle of the American Revolution ?
Ans. The Battles of Lexington and Concord in Massachusetts were the first battle in the Revolution.
18. What was the turning point of the American Revolution ?
Ans. The Battle of Saratoga
19. What was the last Battle of the American Revolution ?
Ans. Siege of Yorktown was the last major battle of the revolution.
20. What treaty ended the American Revolution ?
Ans. The Treaty of Paris formally ended the Revolutionary war.
21. How many people died in the American Revolution ?
Ans. According to an estimate, 6,800 Americans were killed in action.
22. What was Stamp Act 1765 ?
Ans. Under this act, all legal documents, newspapers etc needed to be stamped.
23. Which provision was implemented from Sugar Act 1764 ?
Ans. Sugar to be exported only to England.
24. How long did the American Revolution last ?
Ans. The American Revolutionary war lasted just over 7 years.
25. How did the enlightenment influence the American Revolution ?
Ans. The Enlightenment beliefs that influenced the American Revolution were natural rights, the social contract, and the right to overthrow the government if the social contract was violated.
26. When was the first Continental Congress Convened ?
Ans. September 1774
27. Which Continental congress produced the Olive Branch Petition ?
Ans. Second Continental Congress
28. Which Continental congress approved the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union ?
Ans. Second Continental Congress
29. When did Staten Island Peace Conference happened ?
Ans. September 11, 1776
30. Who won the Battle of the Chesapeake ?
Ans. The French won that battle.
2 thoughts on “30 Most Important Questions About the American Revolution”
this was helpful.