In this article, I will take you through 30 Most Important Questions and Answers about Basketball but before that let me ask you a quick question. Do you know what is the National Sport of Lithuania ? If your answer is Basketball then you are absolutely correct. There are many countries where Basketball is a popular sport and it is also a part of Olympic Sport. Here we will see some of the important questions and answers related to this popular sport in below section.
Most Important Questions and Answers About Basketball
1. What is Basketball ?
Ans. Basketball is a sport played between two teams, opposing one another on a rectangular court, compete with the primary objective of shooting a basketball through the defender's hoop while preventing the opposing team from shooting through their own hoop. More about Basketball.
2. What is a triple threat position in Basketball ?
Ans. A triple-threat basketball position is a posture where a player can do one of three things: dribble the ball, pass the ball, or shoot the ball.
3. When was Basketball invented ?
Ans. It was invented in the year 1891.
4. How long is a Basketball game ?
Ans. Game runs an average of around 2 1/2 hours, unless they go into overtime.
5. How many players on a Basketball Team ?
Ans. Usually Basketball team consists of 12 players in which 5 of them will be available on court and rest of them will be substitute/bench.
6. How long is a Basketball court ?
Ans. Court is 91.86ft long.
7. Where was Basketball invented ?
Ans. It was invented in Springfield College.
8. How many quarters in Basketball ?
Ans. Four Quarters
9. How tall is a Basketball hoop ?
Ans. Basketball hoops are almost always 10 feet (3 meters) off the ground.
10. What is the Standard size of the Basketball ?
Ans. Size 7 basketballs are the standard ball size for most of the professional games.
11. How long is a quarter in Basketball ?
Ans. Every quarter of the game lasts 12 minutes each.
12. What is a carry in Basketball ?
Ans. Carrying is a violation in the game of basketball. It occurs when the dribbling player continues to dribble after allowing the ball to come to rest in one or both hands.
13. What is a charge in Basketball ?
Ans. A charge is an offensive foul. When a charge is called, it means that an offensive player has made significant contact with a defender that has an established position.
14. How much does a Basketball weigh ?
Ans. The standard weight of Basketball should be 22 oz.
15. Who invented Basketball ?
Ans. The game was invented by Springfield College instructor and graduate student James Naismith.
16. How many steps can you take in Basketball ?
Ans. General rule of thumb is that you can take two steps without dribbling.
17. What does bonus mean in Basketball ?
Ans. In the sport of basketball, the bonus situation (also called the penalty situation) occurs when one team accumulates a requisite number of fouls, which number varies depending on the level of play.
18. How wide is a Basketball court ?
Ans. Basketball court should be 49.21ft wide.
19. How many players on a Basketball court ?
Ans. There should be 5 players on the court at one time.
20. What is a block in Basketball ?
Ans. A block or blocked shot occurs when a defensive player legally deflects a field goal attempt from an offensive player to prevent a score.
21. What is a triple double in Basketball ?
Ans. When a player reaches a score of ten or more in at least three of these statistical categories in a game, he records a triple double (e.g. 10 points, 10 assists, 10 rebounds).
22. Who won the NBA finals 2021 ?
Ans. Milwaukee Bucks
23. Who is known as the greatest basketball player of all the time ?
Ans. Michael Jordan
24. Which are the founding nations of FIBA (Fédération internationale de basketball amateur) ?
Ans. Argentina, Czechoslovakia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Portugal, Romania, and Switzerland
25. When was FIBA founded ?
Ans. It was founded in Geneva on June 18, 1932.
26. When was the Basketball first became an official Olympics event ?
Ans. It was during the 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics.
27. What is the official Basketball size for women's ?
Ans. It is size 6, having a circumference of 28.5 in or 72 cm.
28. Who is the first international player to be inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1992 ?
Ans. Sergei Belov
29. Which country won the maximum number of Gold medals in Olympic men's Basketball ?
Ans. United States
30. When did Basketball become an Olympic Sport ?