In this article, we will look into 31 Best General Knowledge MCQs for all Competition Exams. Now a days, the subject of General Knowledge is an integral part of almost all the Competition exams. Hence it is important for an aspirant to get familiar with all the important general knowledge questions which has very high possibility to be asked in the exams. So here we are going to present 31 such best general knowledge MCQs which are very important for any competition exams.
31 Best General Knowledge MCQs for all Competition Exams
1. Which Veda mentions about the elements of yoga ?
a) Yajur veda
b) Athar veda
c) Rig veda
d) Sam veda
Ans. c) Rig Veda.
2. What is the first day of Pongal known as ?
Ans. a) Bhogi
3. What is the study of Gravitation called ?
Ans. b) Barology
4. What does ODI stand for in Cricket ?
a) All of these
b) Post office
c) One Day International
d) Internet connection
Ans. c) One Day International
5. Thalai Deepavali is celebrated in the state of ______
a) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
Ans. a) Tamil Nadu
Thalai Deepavali is celebrated in the state of Tamil Nadu.
6. Which Indian state has formed 13 new districts in 2022 ?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
Ans. a) Andhra Pradesh
7. What did Param Vir Chakra replace when India became republic ?
a) Victoria Cross
b) Elizabeth Cross
c) Victory Terminal Cross
d) Salt Cross
Ans. a) Victoria Cross
8. Which among the following is the oldest dynasty ?
Ans. a) Maurya
9. Who is known as the Father of Western Medicine ?
a) Claudius Galen
b) Pedanius Dioscorides
Ans. c) Hippocrates
Hippocrates is known as the father of Western Medicine.
10. Which of these comets was discovered in January 2021 ?
a) Comet Swift–Tuttle
b) Comet Bennett
c) Comet Leonard
d) Comet Hyakutake
Ans. c) Comet Leonard
11. Which of these Festivals is also known as Akha Teej ?
c) Akshaya Tritiya
Ans. c) Akshaya Tritiya
12. The trident-shaped symbol of Buddhism does not represent ______
Ans. a) Nirvana
13. Who is the founder of Nirbhaya Vahini ?
a) Manasi Pradhan
b) Pramila Nesargi
c) Amala Akkineni
d) Shaheen Mistri
Ans. a) Manasi Pradhan
Manasi Pradhan is the founder of Nibhaya Vahini.
14. Which was the first country to print books ?
Ans. b) China
China was the first country to print books.
15. Which among these is the oldest zoo in the world ?
a) Dublin Zoo
b) ZSL London Zoo
d) Bristol Zoo
Ans. c) Schönbrunn
Schönbrunn is the oldest zoo in the World.
16. Ram and Krishna are two species of which plants ?
Ans. c) Tulsi
Ram and Krishna are two species of Tulsi Plants.
17. Which of these civilizations used cocoa beans as currency ?
Ans. a) Mayan
Mayan Civilizations used cocoa beans as currency.
18. What does November mean in Latin ?
Ans. a) Nine
19. Which animal has no Vocal cords ?
Ans. c) Giraffe
Animal Giraffe has no vocal cords.
20. Who was the first woman to win Olympic medal in Racquet Sport ?
a) Jwala Gutta
b) Sania Mirza
c) Saina Nehwal
d) P V Sindhu
Ans. c) Saina Nehwal
Saina Nehwal was the first woman to win Olympic medal in Racquet Sport.
21. Who was the first Indian ruler who had territory outside India ?
b) Chandragupta Maurya
Ans. c) Kanishka
Kanishka was the first indian ruler who had territory outside India.
22. Who is the Organiser of the Indian Premier League tournament ?
Ans. b) BCCI
BCCI is the Organiser of the Indian Premier League tournament.
23. Who discovered the sea route of India ?
a) King Manuel
c) Vasco da Gama
d) Cristopher Columbus
Ans. c) Vasco da Gama
Vasco da Gama discovered the sea route of India.
24. What is the National Motto of India ?
a) Jana Gana Mana
b) Satyamev Jayate
c) Jai Jawan Jai Kisaan
d) Saare Jahan se achcha
Ans. b) Satyamev Jayate
Satyamev Jayate is the national motto of India.
25. Which city is famous for blue pottery ?
Ans. c) Jaipur
Jaipur is famous for blue pottery.
26. Bimbisara was the founder of which dynasty ?
Ans. d) Haryanka
27. Who was the first woman cabinet minister of India ?
a) Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
b) Sarojini Naidu
c) Hansa Jivraj Mehta
d) Sucheta Kripalani
Ans. a) Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
Rajkumari Amrit Kaur was the first woman cabinet minister of India.
28. Which social reformers birthday is celebrated as National Youth Day ?
a) Debendranath Tagore
b) Swami Vivekananda
c) Rammohan Roy
d) Annie Besant
Ans. b) Swami Vivekananda
29. Which spring flower officially represents the month of May ?
b) Lily of the Valley
Ans. b) Lily of the Valley
30. What is the capital city of Karnataka ?
Ans. b) Bengaluru
Bengaluru is the capital city of Karnataka.
31. Which was the second capital of Kanishka ?
Ans. c) Mathura
Mathura was the second capital of Kanishka.