In this article, we will see 50 most frequently asked questions about titanic history and its sinking. During its time, Titanic was the largest and most luxurious ship in the world. The sinking of Titanic was the most deadliest peacetime of a superliner or cruise ship. The loss of titanic was a shocker for world wide communities which also created huge outrage among the public for its regulatory and procedural failures. Public inquires in Britain and United States led to major improvements in maritime safety. More on wikipedia. Here we will see some of the most frequently asked questions about the ship’s history and its accident.
50 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Titanic History and Its Sinking
1. When did the titanic sink in the ocean ?
Ans. 14th April, 1912
2. How many people died on the Titanic ?
Ans. 1500 people
3. Where did the Titanic sink ?
Ans. Into the North Atlantic Ocean
4. How many people survived the Titanic ?
And. 706 people
5. What year did the Titanic sink ?
6. Where did the titanic sink map ?
Ans. Google map shows coordinates to 41.7325° N, 49.9469° W.
7. How many people were on the Titanic ?
Ans. 2200 people
8. How big was the titanic ?
Ans. It was 882 feet 9 inches (269.06 m) long with a maximum breadth of 92 feet 6 inches (28.19 m).
9. Where is the titanic now ?
Ans. It is located at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, some 13,000 feet (4,000 metres) underwater.
10. How did the titanic sink ?
Ans. Titanic struck an iceberg near Newfoundland, Canada. The collision damaged the ship and water tight compartments to an irrecoverable loss.
11. How long was the titanic ?
Ans. It was 269 m long.
12. When was the titanic found ?
Ans. The wreck of the titanic was found on 1st September, 1985.
13. Where did the titanic sail from ?
Ans. The ship sailed from Southampton, England.
14. Where was the titanic going ?
Ans. It was travelling to New York, US.
15. How cold was the water when the titanic sank ?
Ans. The temperature of the water was -2.2 degrees Celsius when Titanic was sinking.
16. How deep is the Titanic sunk ?
Ans. It sunk to 13,000 feet(4,000 metres).
17. How long did it take for the titanic to sink ?
Ans. After ship struck the iceberg, it sank in less than 3 hours.
18. What day did the titanic sink ?
Ans. It sank just after 2 AM in the early hours of Monday
19. When did the titanic set sail ?
Ans. Titanic set out its maiden voyage on April 10th, 1912.
20. Which was the closest ship during the time titanic was sinking ?
Ans. SS Californian
21. Where was the titanic built ?
Ans. It was built in Belfast, United Kingdom.
22. How many lifeboats were on the titanic ?
Ans. Ship had 20 lifeboats.
23. What time did the titanic sink ?
Ans. The Titanic sunk at 2:20 am On April 15, 1912.
24. Where is the titanic museum ?
Ans. The titanic museum is located in Branson, Missouri.
25. Who built the titanic ?
Ans. The RMS Titanic was built by Harland and Wolff, the Belfast-based shipbuilders.
26. How long did it take to build the titanic ?
Ans. It took around three years to build the White Star Line’s Titanic.
27. What ocean did the titanic sink in ?
Ans. North Atlantic Ocean.
28. Who owned the titanic ?
Ans. White Start Line was the owner of the Ship.
29. How big was the iceberg that hit Titanic ?
Ans. It was believed to be 50 to 100 feet high and 200 to 400 feet long.
30. Who found the Titanic ?
Ans. American oceanographer and marine geologist Robert Duane Ballard discovered the wreck of Titanic in 1985.
31. How long was the titanic trip ?
Ans. Approx. 3216 miles
32. How much did the titanic weigh ?
Ans. The displacement weight of titanic was 52,310 tons and the gross weight was 46,328 tons.
33. Who was the Captain of Titanic ?
Ans. Edward Smith was the captain of Titanic.
34. How many Crew members were there in Titanic ?
Ans. There were more than 900 crew members in the Luxury ship.
35. For how many days ship was at rest in Southampton before starting her maiden voyage ?
Ans. 6 days
36. Which Ship arrived on the scene shortly after Titanic sank ?
Ans. RMS Carpathia
37. Which convention was shortly established after the Titanic mishap ?
Ans. International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
38. Which was the first titanic stop after departure from Southampton on 10 April 1912 ?
Ans. The first stoppage was Cherbourg, France.
39. At what time ship hit the Iceberg near Newfoundland ?
Ans. Ship hit the iceberg at 11:40 pm local time.
40. When did the Ship set sail from Belfast to Southampton ?
Ans. 02nd April 1912
41. What was the length of the journey from Cherbourg to Queenstown, Ireland ?
Ans. 307 miles
42. What was the planned route Titanic was following on her maiden journey ?
Ans. The outward route was to be Southampton, England – Cherbourg, France – Queenstown, Ireland – New York, USA. The return route was going to be New York – Plymouth, England – Cherbourg – Southampton.
43. How many 1st Class passengers survived the Titanic mishap ?
Ans. Out of 329 1st Class passengers, only 199 survived.
44. How many 2nd Class passengers survived the Titanic mishap ?
Ans. Out of 285 2nd Class passengers, only 119 survived.
45. How many 3rd Class passengers survived the Titanic mishap ?
Ans. Out of 710 3rd Class passengers, only 174 survived.
46. How many Crew members survived the Titanic mishap ?
Ans. Out of 899 crew members, only 214 survived.
47. Who was first crew member that alerted the Captain Smith about the Collision ?
Ans. Frederick Fleet
48. Who was the last known survivor of the Titanic accident ?
Ans. Millvina Dean
49. How many passengers boarded at Queenstown ?
Ans. 120 passengers
50. What is the anticipated journey time sailing from Queenstown to New York city ?
Ans. 137 hours