In this section, I will take you through 18 Popular Questions on Railway Disinfection Tunnel to Avoid Covid-19. Due to current Covid-19 Pandemic situation, government across the world are taking many preventive measures at work places to sanitize people and stop the spread. As of now(April 2020), most of the government places in India are under lock down but still there are few mandatory places where work cannot be halted.
India Railway has designed a Disinfection Tunnel in record number of days to avoid the virus spread at its work place. Railway has started implementing this tunnel many of its work places across the countries. Though it is unclear now that how much protection does this tunnel provides but Railway still insists that it is very much efficient in preventing and killing the Virus and tunnel is prepared as per WHO norms.
We have other State and institutions currently working in designing disinfection tunnel of various shapes and sizes as per work places requirement and continuously working to find the low cost implementation design. In this section, we are going to see few of the important questions related to Disinfection tunnel recently created by Central Railway.
We will also go through few of the questions on Disinfection Tunnel solution which is being used in the Spray and its uses and side effects in various quantities. You might see few questions on this topic in your future exams.
1. What is a Disinfectant Tunnel ?
Ans. It is basically a setup to clean an object by killing bacteria and viruses using a Spray Solution containing disinfectant like Sodium Hypochlorite. This solution can be used in various applications by changing the quantity of disinfectant solution.
2. Where did Railway made disinfectant Tunnel ?
Ans. At Loco Shed at Bhusaval in Maharashtra
3. How many days it took for Railway to create disinfectant Tunnel ?
Ans Around 2 days
4. Which Chemical is used in Disinfectant Tunnel ?
Ans. Sodium Hypochlorite
Also Read: PIB New on Disinfection Tunnel
5. How much does it take to spray disinfectant to a single person ?
Ans. 3 second
6. How much does the tunnel cost to Indian Railway ?
Ans. Between Rs10,000-Rs15,000
7. How frequently disinfectant tunnel requires refilling ?
Ans. After every 16 hours
8. Which are the other place Sodium Hypochlorite is being used for Cleaning ?
Ans. It is frequently used in Swimming Pools
9. Which other country is using Disinfectant Tunnel from very beginning ?
Ans. China is using this tunnel since February 2020.
10.Which other Institution is also currently testing the Disinfection Tunnel Technology ?
Ans. ICT(Institute of Chemical Technology), Mumbai
11.From which material disinfection tunnel structure has been created by railway ?
Ans. The structure of the disinfection tunnel is made of MS pipe which is covered with a Tarpaulin Sheet.
12. What is the current Capacity of Disinfectant Tunnel ?
Ans. 500 Litres
13. How Solution has been sprayed from Disinfection Tunnel ?
Ans. Using PVC Piping and Spray Nozzles
14. How much protection does disinfection tunnel provides ?
Ans. As per Central Railway, It is believed to kill around 98% of Virus and Bacteria.
15. When was Sodium Hypochlorite called Dakin’s Solution ?
Ans. In 0.5% w/v solution
16. Where do we generally use Dakin’s Solution ?
Ans. It is used as an antiseptic to clean infected wounds.
17. Which are the other places Sodium Hypochlorite is being used ?
Ans. It is used as bleaching agents in drinking water and in waste water purification system.
18. What are the Side Effects of Sodium Hypochlorite if used in slightly different quantity ?
Ans. It could lead to mild to extremely serious side-effects, ranging from skin and eye irritation to severe burns.
Hopefully, you liked this article on Railway Disinfection Tunnel to Avoid Covid-19. Please do let me know your feedback on Comment Box!!!