In this article, I will take you through 30 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Planet Saturn but before that let me ask you a simple question. Do you know which Planet has the most spectacular ring system in our Solar System ? If your answer is Saturn then you are absolutely correct. Saturn has the most spectacular ring system, with seven rings and several gaps and divisions between them. Saturn is also famous for its moon Titan which is the only moon in the Solar System to have a substantial atmosphere. We will see all the most frequently asked questions about Planet Saturn in below section. More about Planet Saturn.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Planet Saturn
1. What is Saturn ?
Ans. Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second-largest in the Solar System, after Jupiter.
2. How many moons does Saturn have ?
3. What color is Saturn ?
Ans. It is yellowish-brown in color.
4. What are Saturn’s rings made of ?
Ans. Saturn’s rings are made of ice and rock.
5. How many rings does Saturn have ?
Ans. From far away, it looks like Planet Saturn has 7 large rings.
6. How far is Saturn from Earth ?
Ans. Saturn is about 1.4072 billion km from Earth.
7. What is Saturn made of ?
Ans. Saturn is made mostly of hydrogen and helium.
8. How far is Saturn from the Sun ?
Ans. Saturn distance is about 1.4842 billion km from Sun.
9. How long does it take to get to Saturn ?
Ans. With current technology, it will take around 8 years to reach Planet Saturn.
10. Why does Saturn have rings ?
Ans. Saturn’s rings are thought to be pieces of comets, asteroids, or shattered moons that broke up before they reached the planet, torn apart by Saturn’s powerful gravity.
11. Does it rain diamonds on Saturn ?
Ans. Yes. About 10 million tons of diamond rain down on Saturn each year.
12. How big is Saturn ?
Ans. Saturn equatorial and polar radii differ by almost 10%: 60,268 km versus 54,364 km.
13. What is the temperature of Saturn ?
Ans. Saturn is considerably colder than Jupiter being further from the Sun, with an average temperature of about -285 degrees F.
14. Does Saturn have a surface ?
Ans. As a gas giant, Saturn doesn’t have a true surface. The planet is mostly swirling gases and liquids deeper down.
15. When was Saturn discovered ?
16. Who discovered Saturn ?
Ans. Galileo Galilei
17. How did Saturn get its name ?
Ans. Saturn was named after the Roman god of agriculture.
18. How far is Jupiter from Saturn ?
Ans. Jupiter and Saturn are actually 456 million miles (734 million km) apart.
19. How long does it take Saturn to orbit the Sun ?
Ans. 29 years
20. How long is a day on Saturn ?
Ans. 10h 42m
21. How long is year on Saturn ?
Ans. 29 years
22. How big is Saturn compared to Earth ?
Ans. Saturn is 9 times wider than Earth.
23. What is the diameter of Saturn ?
Ans. 116,460 km
24. When will Jupiter and Saturn align ?
Ans. Jupiter and Saturn aligns after every 80 years. Last alignment was at 2020 so the next alignment will be on 2080.
25. What does Saturn look like ?
Ans. As viewed from Earth, Planet Saturn will look like hazy yellow-brown appearance.
26. What is Saturn’s interior is mostly made of ?
Ans. Saturn’s interior is most likely composed of a core of iron–nickel and rock (silicon and oxygen compounds).
27. Which is the largest moon of Saturn ?
28. What are the Great White Spots on Saturn ?
Ans. Every 20 to 30 years, Saturn’s atmosphere roils with giant, planet-encircling thunderstorms that produce intense lightning and enormous cloud disturbances. The head of one of these storm popularly called “Great White Spots”.
29. Which of the Saturn’s moon often regarded as the potential habitat for microbial life ?
30. What is the temperature of Saturn’s Internal core ?
Ans. It reaches as high as upto 11,700 °C.