In this article, we are going to look into 35 Most Important Questions About Mars, The Red Planet but before that let me ask you a question. Do you know how many earth like planets are there in our Solar System ? If you don't know then let me tell you, the answer is none. But we always hope to find one that has all the same conditions like earth has. In this constant endeavour Mars has become one of the possible candidate. Over the years NASA and other space agencies has sent many mission to explore the Red Planet. Hence it is very important to discuss some of the frequently asked questions about the Red Planet. More about Mars Exploration Program.
Most Important Questions About Mars, The Red Planet
1. How long does it take to get to Mars ?
Ans. As per NASA official, the trip to mars takes about seven months.
2. How far is Mars from Earth ?
Ans. 395.93 million km
3. How many moons does Mars have ?
4. How long is a day on Mars ?
Ans. 1d 0h 37m
5. Is Mars bigger than earth ?
Ans. No. Mars is about half the diameter of earth.
6. Is there life on Mars ?
Ans. To date, no proof of past or present life has been found on Mars.
7. What is the temperature on Mars ?
Ans. The average temperature on Mars is minus 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Does Mars have an atmosphere ?
Ans. Like Earth, Mars has an atmosphere and weather, but both differ greatly from what we experience on Earth.
9. Is there water on Mars ?
Ans. Almost all water on Mars today exists as ice, though it also exists in small quantities as vapor in the atmosphere.
10. Where is Mars in the sky ?
Ans. Mars will appear just above and to the left of Venus.
11. Why is Mars red ?
Ans. The simple explanation for the Red Planet's color is that its regolith, or surface material, contains lots of iron oxide.
12. How big is Mars ?
Ans. With a radius of 2,106 miles (3,390 kilometers), Mars is about half the size of Earth.
13. How far is Mars from the Sun ?
Ans. 246.63 million km
14. How does Mars look like ?
Ans. Mars surface is rocky, with canyons, volcanoes, dry lake beds and craters all over it. Red dust covers most of its surface.
15. How long is a year on Mars ?
Ans. 687 days
16. Is there oxygen on Mars ?
Ans. Mars Oxygen is only 0.13%, compared with 21% in Earth's atmosphere.
17. How many rovers are on Mars ?
Ans. As of now, there are 5 rovers on the Mars.
18. What is Mars made of ?
Ans. It's made of iron, nickel, and sulfur.
19. What is the gravity on Mars ?
Ans. 3.721 m/s²
20. How many miles is Mars from earth ?
Ans. 395.99 million km
21. How old is Mars ?
Ans. 4.603 billion years
22. What does earth look like from Mars ?
Ans. If you look earth from Mars then it will look like star which gets fainter and fainter as it moves away.
23. When will humans go to Mars ?
Ans. NASA is recruiting to send humans to Mars as soon as 2037.
24. How long did it take perseverance to get to Mars ?
Ans. Perseverance took about 7 months to reach Mars.
25. How many light years away is Mars ?
Ans. Less than 1 Light Year.
26. What is Mars atmosphere made of ?
Ans. The Red Planet's atmosphere contains more than 95% carbon dioxide and much less than 1% oxygen.
27. How Cold is Mars ?
Ans. Mars is very cold planet. Its temperature can get down to as low as nearly minus 200 degrees F
28. How hot is Mars ?
Ans. Maximum recorded temperature at Mars is about +70 degrees F.
29. When was Mars discovered ?
Ans. The first telescopic observation of Mars was by Galileo Galilei in 1610.
30. Does Mars have a Magnetic field ?
Ans. Mars has a weak magnetic field.
31. Does it rain on mars ?
Ans. Due to planet low atmospheric pressure, any water that tried to exist on the surface would quickly boil away. As a result there is no precipitation occurs on Mars.
32. Does Mars have rings ?
Ans. Currently Mars has no rings.
33. Does Mars have seasons ?
Ans. Like Earth, Mars has four distinct seasons.
34. How long does it take Mars to orbit the Sun ?
Ans. 687 days
35. Which Planet has the largest volcano and highest known mountain in the Solar System ?