In this article, I will take you through 20 Important Questions of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. It came into force from 1st July, 1989 after replacing previous Motor Vehicles Act, 1939. This act provides Legislative provisions regarding Grant of License, Registration of Motor Vehicles, traffic regulations, offence and penalties, motor vehicle insurance etc. Here we will keep our focus on Important Questions of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 which can be asked in your exams.
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
1. Which Form needs to be filled in case there is a transfer of ownership of Vehicle ?
Ans. Form 29
2. Which Form needs to be filled for Motor Vehicle Registration Application ?
Ans. Form 20
3. Under which section it is required to present the Vehicle Physically before Registration ?
Ans. Section 44
4. Under which section of Motor Vehicles Act temporary registration number gets issued ?
Ans. Section 43
5. Which Form needs to be filled for issuance of Sale Certificate by Manufacturer/Dealer ?
Ans. Form 21
6. Under which Section of Motor Vehicles Act 1988 Driving License gets renewed ?
Ans. Section 15
7. What is the Provision of Punishment for taking part in a race or trial of speed of any kind between motor vehicles in any public place without consent of State Government under Section 189 ?
Ans. Imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees, or with both. More on Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
8. Under which Section Motor Vehicle race is prohibited in Public Place without the Consent of State Government ?
Ans. Section 189
Also Read: Best Arms Act 1959 and Its Amendments Q&A
9. Under which Section Driver of the Motor Vehicle has to produce his/her License when demanded by Police in Uniform ?
Ans. Section 130
10. Under which Section Driver has to wear helmet while driving a motor vehicle in Public Place ?
Ans. Section 129
11. Under which Section Sikhs has been given exception in wearing helmet while driving a motor vehicle in Public Place ?
Ans. Section 129
12. Under which section no person can drive a motor vehicle above the maximum speed as describe by the current law ?
Ans. Section 112
13. Which section prohibit any person to sit in a manner or position which hamper the driver in his control of the vehicle ?
Ans. Section 125
14. Which Section talks about the minimum age of driving a motor vehicle should be 18 Yrs ?
Ans. Section 4
15. Which Section of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 talks about granting driving License ?
Ans. Section 9
16. Which Section of Motor Vehicles Act 1988 talks about granting Learner License ?
Ans. Section 8
17. Which Section talks about providing Driving License to drive Motor Vehicles belonging to Central Government ?
Ans. Section 18
18. Under which Section of Motor Vehicles Act 1988, License Authority can disqualify or revoke the Driving License ?
Ans. Section 19
19. Which Chapter of Motor Vehicles Act 1988 talks about providing Conductor License ?
Ans. Chapter III
20. What is the Penalty amount one has to pay under Section 201 for obstructing the free flow of Traffic ?
Ans. Rs 50/per hour