In this session, we will discuss Best 100 Static GK Questions and Answers Part – 1. In this portion of static gk we will try to look at the best questions and answers that can be asked in all the Competitive Exams. In the next session, I will bring Static GK Questions and Answers Part – 2.
Top 100 Static GK Questions and Answers Part – 1
Also Read: 33 Best Questions on Tribal People in India
1. What was the theme for World Environment Day in 2020 ?
2. What was the theme for World Environment Day in 2019 ?
Ans. Air Pollution
3. How many Nuclear Power Reactor NPCIL currently operating ?
4. Who runs World Environment Day ?
5. As per UNCLOS, what is the distance upto which Country territorial water extends off their shore(also called exclusive economic zone) ?
Ans. 200 miles
6. Which Line china uses to mark his authority over South China Sea ?
Ans. 9 Dash Line
7. What does China 9 Dash Line signifies in south china sea ?
Ans. Because this Line covers 90% of South China Sea.
8. Which are the man made Islands China has built in South China Sea ?
Ans. There are 7 Islands:-
- Cuarteron Reef
- Subi Reef
- Mischief Reef
- Johnson Reef
- Hughes Reef
- Gaven Reef
- Fiery cross Reef
9. Why South China Sea is important for China ?
Ans. Due to below several factors:-
- It carries 1/3rd of the World Shipping Trade.
- It carries great potential for Fishing Industries.
- Hugh Reserves of Gas and Oil are expected to be found.
- It Carries a trade over $3 trillion dollar every year.
10. Which technology is being used for Quartz Clocks ?
Ans. A quartz clock is a clock that uses an electronic oscillator that is regulated by a quartz crystal to keep time. This crystal oscillator creates a signal with very precise frequency, so that quartz clocks are at least an order of magnitude more accurate than mechanical clocks.
11. How Atomic Clocks works ?
Ans. By Using an electronic transition frequency in the electromagnetic region
12. How Pulsar Clocks works ?
Ans. By Counting radio pulses emitted by quartz crystals.
13. How much ground water Agriculture Industry uses ?
Ans. Around 90%
14. When did National Water Resources Council(NRWC) was setup by Government of India ?
15. When did National Water Board(NWB) was setup by Government of India ?
16. As of 2019, how many BECCS facility is working around the world to capture Carbon dioxide from atmosphere ?
17. What is BECCS ?
Ans. Bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS) is one of Carbon sequestration technology adopted by IPCC to remove carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere, reducing warming.
18. Where does Lake Pichola located ?
Ans. Updaipur City, Rajasthan
19. Who maintains Multilateral Carbon Credit Fund (MCCF) ?
Ans. European Investment Bank (EIB) with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
20. Which of the conventions fund managed by GEF ?
Ans. Below are the conventions:-
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)
- Minamata Convention on Mercury
21. Who releases Asia Pacific trade and Investment report ?
Ans. The UN economic and social commission for Asia and the Pacific.
22. Which of the reports are currently available through PRAKASH Portal ?
Ans. Below Reports will be available:-
- Daily Power Plant Status
- Periodic Power Plant Status
- Plant Exception Report
- Coal Dispatch Report
23. What is the range of USA Patriot missile ?
Ans. The missile has a range of 70km and a maximum altitude greater than 24km.
24. With which country India performs Joint Military Exercise “Ekuverin” ?
25. When do we celebrate International Day of Older Persons(IDOP) ?
Ans. 1st October
26. Which region is known as Lithium Triangle ?
Ans. Argentina,Bolivia and Chile forms Lithium Triangle.
27. What is the main focus of Fossil Fuel Free Street Declaration ?
Ans. To ensure Zero emission in major areas of cities by 2030
28. How many Uttar Pradesh Districts comes under NCR Region ?
Ans. As of now, five UP districts namely, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Gautam Budh Nagar, Bulandshahr, Hapur and Baghpat are part of the NCR.
29. What is the difference between Referendum and Plebiscite ?
Ans. Referenda are binding on the government. A plebiscite is sometimes called an ‘advisory referendum’ because the government does not have to act upon its decision. Plebiscites do not deal with Constitutional questions but issues on which the government seeks approval to act, or not act.
30. What is Northern Blot ?
Ans. Northern blots are used to determine the identity, size, and abundance of specific RNA sequences. Northern blot protocols begin with RNA isolation, and separation techniques vary depending on RNA size.
31. What is Southern Blot ?
Ans. Southern blots are used to determine the identity, size, and abundance of specific DNA sequences. The southern blot protocol begins with DNA extraction from the cells or tissues, which is then enzymatically digested to produce DNA fragments.
32. What is Western Blot ?
Ans. Western blots are used to determine the identity, size, and abundance of specific proteins within a sample.
33. Which countries are known as Asian Four Tigers ?
Ans. The Four Asian Tigers or Asian Dragons are the highly developed economies of Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. These regions were the first newly industrialized countries.
34. What is West Texas Intermediate(WTI) ?
Ans. It is an extremely high quality crude oil which is of the great valued for the fact that it is of such premium quality,more and better gasoline can be refined from a single barrel than from most other types of oil available on the market.It is mainly produced from USA.
35. What is Brent Blend ?
Ans. It is actually a combination of different oils from 15 fields throughout the Scottish Brent and Ninian Systems located in the North Sea. Its “API Gravity” is 38.3 degrees,which makes it a light crude oil,but clearly not quite as “light” as WTI.
36. What is OPEC Basket Oil ?
Ans. It is collective seven different crude oils from Algeria,Saudi Arabia,Indonesia,Nigeria,Dubai,Venezuela and the Mexican Isthmus.
37. When “The Editor guild” was founded ?
38. What are the objectives of Editor Guild ?
Ans. Few of the Objectives are :-
- Protecting Press Freedom
- Raisings the standard of Editorial Leadership of Newspaper and Magazines.
39. What was the main reason for suppression of Press Freedom during Emergency ?
Ans. Eminent editors think it was due to lack of Organized Editor Forum during Emergency.
40. When did News Broadcast Federation(NBF) was formed ?
Ans. Dec, 2019
41. Why News Broadcast Federation(NBF) was formed ?
Ans. To end the hegemony of News Broadcast Association(NBA).
42. What is OBICUS(Order Books, Inventories and Capacity Utilization) ?
Ans. It is a survey done by RBI on Manufacturing Sector Industries.
43. Which gene is called ‘Aryan Gene’ ?
44. Who fixes the date of election of Speaker ?
45. Who established Socially and Economically Backward Classes Commission(SEBC) ?
Ans. It was established by Prime Minister Morarji Desai in 1979
46. Who headed Socially and Economically Backward Classes Commission(SEBC) ?
Ans. Bindeshwar Mandal
47. Who manages money invested in NPS Account ?
Ans. The money invested in NPS is managed by PFRDA-registered Pension Fund Managers.
48. Which countries are known as five eyes countries ?
Ans. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, US and UK
49. Which medicine was used to control Swine Flu ?
Ans. Tamiflu (Oseltamivir)
50. What is CRILC(Central Repository of Information on Large Credits) database ?
Ans. This is an RBI database which maintains records of loans above Rs 5 crore given by banks.