In this article, we will look into 20 Best UPSC Interview Questions which can asked in the Year 2020. Many of you might be preparing for UPSC Interview and might want to know the kind of questions usually gets asked by the UPSC Panel. As there will be multiple panels taking UPSC Interview for the probable candidates so it will always be a good idea to practice the UPSC Interview questions through Mock Interview Questions.
[Mock Test] UPSC Interview Questions and Answers – 2020
1. Who had first introduced the Iqtadari System ?
Ans. Nizamul mulk in Abassid Empire
2. Who had first introduced the Iqtadari System in India ?
Ans. Muhammad in Ghur in 1206 AD
3. Who introduced Mansabdari System ?
Ans. Mughal Emperor Akbar
4. What are the differences bwteen Iqtadari System and Mansabdari System ?
Ans. Few of the differences are:-
- Iqtadari System was used by Delhi Sultanate whereas Mansabdari was used by Mughal Emperors.
- In Iqtadari system the whole land was divided between Emperor and Iqtadars whereas in Mansabdari system all the lands were under Emperor.
- There is hereditary transfer of land in case of Iqtadari System whereas there is no hereditary transfer in case of Mansabdari System.
- Iqtadars were only having revenue collection and distribution whereas Mansabdars had additional responsibility of law and order along with the revenue collection and distribution.
5. How did the rank of Mansabdar usually determined ?
Ans. The rank of a Mansabdar was determined by the number of horses and cavalrymen he maintained.
Also Read: Administrative Reform Commissions
6. Which of the canals were built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq ?
Ans. He built below canals:-
- Yamuna to the city of Hissar
- Sutlej to the Ghaggar
- Ghaggar to Firozabad
- Mandvi and Sirmour Hills to Hansi in Haryana
7. Why Rock Garden of Chandigarh is famous ?
Ans. The garden is most famous for its sculptures made from recycled ceramic.
8. Is the Power of District Magistrate increased or decreased post Independence ?
Ans. It has been decreased Post Independence. During Pre-Independence period District Magistrate had both Judiciary and execute powers but post Independence with the adoption of Article 50 under DPSP in Indian Constitution, Judiciary powers separated out from the Executive Powers.
9. What is the hierarchy of District Administration ?
Ans. District Magistrate->Sub-divisional Officers->Naib Tehsildars->Patwaris->Kanungos->Girdawars
10. Who Started Purdah System in India ?
Ans. Purdah System said to be originated in Persian Culture and said to be acquired by Muslim during Arab Conquest around 7th Century AD.
11. From when the Indian Civil Service Examination started happening in India ?
Ans. From 1922
12. Which of the Committees suggested Age reforms in Indian Civil Service Examination ?
Ans. Below are the Committees which suggested the reforms:-
- The Public Services (Qualifications for Recruitment) Committee, 1955
- The Committee on Recruitment Policy and Selection Methods (1976, Kothari Committee)
- The Committee to Review the Scheme of the Civil Services Examination (1989, Satish Chandra Committee)
- The Review Committee on Civil Services Examination (2001, Yoginder Alagh Committee)
- The Committee on Civil Service Reforms (2004, Hota Committee)
13. Which department has been created in NABARD to implement the revival packages for Cooperative Credit Institutions in all the States ?
Ans. Department for Cooperative Revival and Reforms (DCRR)
14. Which Committee formulated the process of implementation of the revival package for Short-Term Rural Cooperative Credit Structure (STCCS) ?
Ans. The Vaidyanathan Committee
15. Which Program Computerized all District Offices in the Country for which free hardware and software were offered to the State Governments ?
Ans. District Information System of the National Informatics Centre (DISNIC)
16. Which Program provided the main thrust in e-governance ?
Ans. Launching of NICNET in 1987
17. When did a national task force on information technology and software development was constituted ?
Ans. May 1998
18. Which Single Window facility was launched in Kerala to provide citizens the means to pay taxes and other financial dues to the State Government ?
Ans. FRIENDS (Fast, Reliable, Instant, Efficient Network for the Disbursement of Services)
19. Who has the power to invoke the 10th Schedule of the Constitution, also known as Anti-Defection Law ?
20. Which Committee recommended to Localise data for Law Enforcement to have easy access to data ?
Ans. Justice BN Srikrishna Committee
I hope you liked this article on Mock UPSC Interview Questions. Please let me know your feedback on Comment Box.