In this article, I will take you through 33 Important Questions on Religion in India. Religion in India is as old as from Indus Valley Civilization as evident from the stones and relics which was excavated from the Site. People used to worship Mother Goddess which symbolizes fertility around Ghaggar-Hakra River Valleys. We have also seen few structures of shivlinga excavated from the site which is still practiced as a God in Hinduism religion.
Later on we saw a rise in major other religions like Jainism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Sikhism and Islam. Today major religion in India is Hinduism which is getting practiced by around 79.8% of populations as per 2011 Census. We will go through all the important questions related to Religion in India that can be asked in your exams.
Religion in India
1. How many major religions gets practiced in India ?
Ans. There are 8 different religions get practiced in India:-
2. What are the different Sects under Hinduism ?
Ans. There are mainly Four Sects under Hinduism:-
3. Which is the largest monastic group within Hinduism ?
Ans. Ramanandi Sampradaya
4. Who founded Brahma Sampradaya ?
5. Who founded Pushti Marg Sampradaya ?
6. Who are believed to be the founders of Varmam ?
7. What are the Four Different Sects under Hinduism ?
Ans. Four Different Sects are:-
8. Who is the common ancestor of both Christians and Muslims ?
9. Which place in Uttar Pradesh is believed to be the centre of Ajivikas ?
10. What are Four Major Schools of thought and law in Islam in India ?
Ans. Four Major Schools are:-
11. Who led Tariqah-i-Muhammadiya Movement ?
Ans. Sayyid Ahmad Barelwi
12. Which is the largest Jewish Community in India ?
Ans. Bene Israels
Also Read: 50 Best Questions on Rivers of India
13. Which is the only place in India where dead bodies are left in the open to be eaten by Vultures ?
Ans. Towers of Silence in Mumbai
14. What is Dakhma Nashini ?
Ans. Vultures who eat the dead body in open spaces are known as Dakhma Nashini.
15. Which is the sacred texts of Iranis and Parsis ?
Ans. Zend Avesta
16. Who wrote Athuna Vairyo ?
Also Read: 30 Best Manufacturing Industries Q&A
17. What are the three major calendar forms popular among the Parsis ?
Ans. Three Major Calendar Forms are:-
18. Which Sect believed that “Ignore is best” ?
19. Who founded Ajivikas Schools ?
Ans. Makkhali Gosala in 5th Century BC
20. Which Mughal Emperor executed Guru Arjan Dev ?
21. Which Mughal Emperor executed Guru Tegh Bahadur ?
22. Who constructed the Akal Takht ?
Ans. Guru Hargobind
23. What are the Four Phases of Life as per Upanishads ?
Ans. Four Phases of Life are:-
24. Which Sect of Buddhism used a brush to remove insects from their path ?
25. List out the 24 Jainism Tirthankaras.
Ans. Below are the 24 Tirthankaras:-
26. List out the 10 Sikh Gurus.
Ans. Below are the 10 Sikh Gurus:-
- Guru Nanak
- Guru Angad Dev
- Guru Amardas Sahib
- Guru Ram Das
- Guru Arjan Dev
- Guru Har Gobind Sahib
- Guru Har Rai Sahib
- Guru Har Krishan Sahib
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib
- Guru Gobind Singh Sahib
27. Why Aurangzeb persecuted Guru Tegh Bahadur ?
Ans. Guru Tegh Bahadur opposed the forced conversion of Hindu Kashmiri Pandits by Mughal Ruler Aurangzeb.
28. Who founded the City of Amritsar ?
Ans. Guru Ram Das
29. Which Sikh Guru was the Contemporary of Mughal Ruler Akbar ?
Ans. Guru Amardas Sahib
30. Which Sikh Guru requested the Muslim Sufi, Mian Mir to lay the cornerstone of Harmandir Sahib ?
Ans. Guru Ram Das
31. Which Sikh Guru was the Contemporary of Babur ?
Ans. Guru Nanak Dev
32. Which Sikh Guru Started the Construction of Famous Golden Temple at Amritsar ?
Ans. Guru Ram Das
33. Who was the First Sikh Guru to take up arms to defend the faith ?
Ans. Guru Har Gobind Sahib
I hope you liked this article on Religion in India. Please let me know your feedback on Comment Box.
For Linux/C#/PHP/HTML/Ruby Tutorials, Check below Posts:-