In this session, I will take you through 15 Best Questions on Meghalaya Government Schemes. From past few years, we can see an increase in number of exam questions from North Eastern States. This is due to the government Look East Policy/Act East Policy to promote growth and development in Seven Sister States of India. Meghalaya being part of north eastern states has its own role to play.
Government of India implementing various schemes to provide the central benefits to the Tribal and other SC/ST Populations. Apart from that Meghalaya Government also running various state level schemes for the benefit of its own people. Here we will focus on all those Central and Meghalaya Government Schemes and will try to see the different types of questions that can be asked in your Exams.
Meghalaya Government Schemes
1. How much Financial assistance will be provided under CM Housing Assistance Scheme to the beneficiaries ?
2. Which of the three training centres were recently opened to cater the needs of destitute, orphan, widow, deserted wife and women in distress ?
Ans. Shillong, Jowai and Tura Training Centres
3. What is the aim of Swayamsidha (IWEP) Integrated Women’s Empowerment Programme ?
Ans. The Scheme aims at empowering women socially and economically through the establishment of Women Self Help Group, Integration and Convergence of other related schemes available with the different Departments. More on Meghalaya Government Schemes for women.
4. What is the objective of Working Women’s Hostel (WWH) Scheme ?
Ans. The objective of the scheme is to provide safe and economical hostel accommodation to women employees who posted outside their hometown.
5. Which of the NGO’s were funded by Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) in Meghalaya ?
Ans. Young Women Christian Association, Khasi Jaintia Presbyterian Synod Shillong and Garo Baptist Convention Tura were funded by MWCD.
6. Which of the Organization received assistance from Government of India under Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP) Scheme in Meghalaya ?
Ans. Meghalaya Apex Handloom Weavers and Handicrafts Co-operative Federation
7. How many establishments are currently covered under Shillong ESI Dispensary ?
Ans. Around 361
8. How many establishments are currently covered under Byrnihat ?
Ans. Around 132
9. What is the main objective of Farmer Training Institute in Meghalaya ?
Ans. The main objective is to provide training to farmers at the village level on update and innovation agriculture technology. The Institute facilitate exposure visit for farmers to agriculturally advanced states. More on Meghalaya Government Schemes for farmers.
10. What is the objective of Intensive Arts and Culture Development Programme (I.A.C.D.P.), which is being implemented through the MLAs in Meghalaya ?
Ans. The objective of the scheme is to promote indigenous folk and tribal arts and culture and vanishing art forms in the field of music, dance and drama.
11. How much amount is associated with each Assembly Constituency every year under Intensive Arts and Culture Development Programme (I.A.C.D.P.) ?
Ans. Rs 2.50 Lakhs
12. Which Scheme provides an award to the authors of the best books in Khasi and Garo in recognition of their contribution towards the development and promotion of Khasi and Garo Languages ?
Ans. Literary Award Scheme
13. What is the main objective of Financial Assistance to Exponents of Traditional Art Forms/ Living Heritage Scheme ?
Ans. The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial Assistance to the deserving artistes, artisans and living exponents of traditional art forms in order to continue their profession and impart training to others.
14. What is the objective of Stand up India Scheme ?
Ans. The objective of the Stand-up india scheme is to facilitate bank loans between 10 lakh and 1 crore to atleast one Scheduled Caste(SC) or Scheduled Tribe(ST) borrower and atleast one woman borrower per bank branch for setting up a greenfield enterprise.
15. How many beneficiaries are registered under Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana in Meghalaya(As of Jan 2021) ?
Ans. Around 10,389