In this session, I will take you through 23 Important Questions on Sustainable Development and Climate Change in India. The first major step towards Sustainable Development and Climate Change Activities took place in June 2012 at the Rio De Janeiro Summit. The Global Community met at the UN Conference on Sustainable Development marking the 20th Anniversary of the First Earth Summit held in 1992. We will look into all important questions related to Sustainable Development and Climate Change that can be asked in your Exams.
Sustainable Development and Climate Change
Also Read: Working of Indian Constitution
1. Where did the Term Green Finance was first mentioned ?
Ans. In UN Document at the UN Conference on Sustainable Development, 2012
2. Where did the 21st Conference of Parties took place in 2015 ?
3. How much Financial Support Developed Countries has to provide under Paris Agreement till 2020 ?
Ans. US$ 100 billion
4. How many articles does Paris Agreement have as of Dec 2019 ?
Ans. 29 Articles
Also Read: United Nation Sustainable Development
5. Who directed the missions under NAPCC to enhance their ambition in respect of Adaptation, Mitigation and Capacity Building ?
Ans. PM Council on Climate Change (PMCCC)
6. Which of the Missions are the under the core of NAPCC (National Action Plan on Climatic Change) ?
Ans. There are 8 missions forming the core of NAPCC:-
- National Solar Mission
- National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency
- National Mission on Sustainable Habitat
- National Water Mission
- National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem
- National Mission for A Green India
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture
- National Mission on Strategic Knowledge for Climate Change
7. When was NAPCC(National Action Plan on Climatic Change) Launched ?
8. Which Instrument was Introduced for reducing specific Energy Consumption Under National Mission on Enhanced Energy Mission ?
Ans. PAT(Perform Achieve and Trade) Scheme
9. How much budget was allocated for the Year 2015-16 and 2016-17 to start the National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC) ?
Ans. Rs 1350 Crore
10. When was the First RE-INVEST(Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet and Expo) were Organized ?
Ans. February 2015
11. How much Green Commitment was done in First RE-INVEST Expo ?
Ans. 273,000 MW
12. How many Solar Cities have been approved so far under Solar Cities Programme ?
13. What is the Aim of State Action Plans on Climate Change (SAPCC) ?
Ans. It aim to create Institutional Capacities and implement Sectoral Activities to Address Climate Change.
14. From where does NCEF(National Clean Energy Fund) get its funding ?
Ans. It gets its fund from the Cess imposed on Coal Import/Produced.
15. When did NCEF(National Clean Energy Fund) got created ?
Ans. It was created on 2010-11.
16. Who is the Trustee of Clean Technology Fund (CTF) ?
Ans. World Bank
17. At what rate Sea Level along the Indian Coast has been rising ?
Ans. It is rising on an average of 1.3 mm/year
18. How much Carbon Sink India will create as part of its INDC by 2030 ?
Ans. India will create an additional Carbon Sink of 2.5 to 3 Billion Tonnes of CO2 equivalent through additional forest and tree cover by 2030.
19. What is India Rank on Global Climate Risk Index 2020 ?
Ans. India is the 5th Most Vulnerable Country to the Climate Change.
20. Who releases the Global Climate Risk Index data ?
21. How much Climate finance provided and mobilised by developed countries for climate action in developing countries in 2014,2016 and 2017 ?
Ans. Below are the date provided by OECD:-
- 2014 - US$62 billion
- 2016 - US$58.6 billion
- 2017 - US$71.2 billion
22. Who set up Green Finance Study Group ?
Ans. G-20 Countries
23. When did SEBI approved the Guidelines for green bonds ?
Ans. By Early 2016
I hope you liked the Questions and Answers on Sustainable Development and Climate Change. Please let me know your feedback on Comment Box.