In this article, I will take you through 23 Important Questions on History of Dutch Rule in India for All Exams. Dutch founded Veerenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie in 1602 when the States-General of Netherlands granted 21 Year monopoly of Dutch Operations in Asia until its demise in 1796. VOC had more than 5000 ships and enjoyed a huge profit from Spice Trade. We will cover all the Important questions related to History of Dutch Rule in India which can be asked in your Exams.
History of Dutch Rule in India
1. What was Factors ?
Ans. The head of the Dutch Factories were called Factors.
2. Which was the First European country to leave India ?
3. Which Place was the main centre of Dutch Operations ?
4. Who was defeated by the British in the Battle of Bedara on 25th November 1795 ?
Also Read: Themes in Indian History Q&A
5. In which battle Raja Marthanda Varma defeated the Dutch East Indian Company ?
Ans. In the Battle of Colachel(Battle of Kulachal)
6. What was the focus point of Anglo Dutch Treaty of 1824 ?
Ans. According to the Treaty, Dutch gave their Indian Factories to British and in return they got British settlements in Indonesia.
7. Where was the First Factory set up by Dutch East Indian Company in India ?
Ans. Masulipatnam in 1605
8. When did the Dutch Opened a Factory in Pulicat, north of Madras ?
9. When did the First Dutch East India Company first established in India ?
10. Which was the only Fort in India fortified by the Dutch East India Company ?
Ans. Fort of Galerie in Pulicat
11. Which were the main Products exported by Dutch East India Company from India ?
Ans. Indigo, Cotton, Textiles, Silk and Glass were mainly exported from India.
12. When was the First Dutch Factory established in Bengal ?
Ans. In Bengal, First Dutch Factory came up at Pipli in 1627.
13. Which Mughal Emperors gave farman to Dutch East Indian Company to work in India ?
Ans. First by Jahangir. Later it was reaffirmed by ShahJahan and Aurangzeb.
14. Who is responsible for making Textile prime item of Indian export ?
15. Who was the First Dutchman to reach Sumatra and Bantam in 1596 ?
Ans. Cornelis de Houtman
16. After Capturing which place from Portuguese, dutch established a strong hold in South India ?
Ans. Nagapatnam, Near Madras
17. When did the Dutch East India Company first set up a factory in Chinsura ?
18. When did the Dutch East India Company first set up a factory in Bimlipatam ?
19. When did Dutch East India Company first set up a factory in Karaikal ?
20. When did Dutch East India Company first set up a factory in Cochin ?
21. When did Dutch East India Company first set up a factory in Nagapatam ?
22. When did Dutch Conquered Ceylon from Portuguese ?
23. Which places were restored under Dutch Rule by virtue of Anglo Dutch Treaty of 1814 ?
Ans. Dutch Bengal and Dutch Coromandel
I hope you liked the questions on History of Dutch Rule in India. Please let me know your feedback on Comment Box.
For Linux/C#/HTML Tutorials, check below posts:-