In this article, I will take you through 55 Questions on Important Committees and Commissions in India. In past few decades, there are lots of committees and commissions formed in India to examine and analyze problems and issues in various Sectors. These committees and commissions can either be formed by the Government or by the Supreme Court of India to study the matter in detail and provide recommendations. Almost every year you will see atleast one question in UPSC and various state examinations from this topic hence you should have the Knowledge of all important committees and commissions that formed in India.
Important Committees and Commissions in India
1. Which Commission was formed to investigate the National Emergency of 1975 ?
Ans. Shah Commission in 1977
2. Which Committee recommended the practice of Panchayati Raj ?
Ans. Ashok Mehta Committee in 1977
3. Which Committee recommended the enactment of Competition Act ?
Ans,. Raghavan Committee in 2000
4. Which Committee recommended the merger of Railway Budget with the Union Budget ?
Ans. Bibek Debroy Committee (Niti Aayog)
5. Based on which Committee recommendation railway budget was separated from the General Budget ?
Ans. Acworth Committee in 1924.
6. Which of the Important Committees were formed for the Electoral Reforms in India ?
Ans. Some of the Important Committees are:-
- Jaya Prakash Narayan Committee in 1974
- Dinesh Goswami Committee in 1990
- Jeevan Reddy Committee
- Tarkunde/J.P Committee in 1975
- Indrajit Gupta Committee in 1998
7. Which Committee recommended the establishment of NABARD ?
Ans. B. Sivaramman Committee
8. Which Committee recommended the setup of Regional Rural Banks ?
Ans. Narsimhan Committee
9. Which Committee was setup to evaluate the Public-Private Partnership(PPP) model in India ?
Ans. Kelkar Committee in 2015
10. Which Committee was formed to create a New Educational Policy in India ?
Ans. Kasturirangan Committee in 2019
11. Which Commission was formed to recommend the steps to conserve and protect the Western Ghats ?
Ans. Gadgil Commission and Kasturirangan Committee
12. Which Committee recommended the Pension Scheme for Unorganized Sector ?
Ans. Dave Committee in 2000
13. Which Committee recommendation led to the establishment of CBI ?
Ans. K. Santhanam Committee
14. Which Commission was appointed to inquire into all the excesses committed during the National Emergency in India ?
Ans. Shah Commission in 1977
15. Which Committee Report led to the development of Handlooms in India ?
Ans. Meera Seth Committee in 1997
16. Which Committee recommended the formation of National Handloom Loan Federation with the Cost of Rs 500 Crore in 1977 ?
Ans. Meera Seth Committee
17. Which Committee was formed to address the formulation of Food Policy in India ?
Ans. Abhijit Sen Committee in 2002
18. Which Committee was formed to recommend the Policies regarding Army Pay Scales ?
Ans. Ajit Kumar Committee
19. Which Committee was formed to recommend changes in Ship Act 1908 and Ship Trust Act 1963 ?
Ans. C. Babu Rajiv Committee
20. Which Committee was formed to recommend policies on Motor Vehicle Tax ?
Ans. Bhurelal Committee
21. Which Committee was formed to recommend policies regarding Small Scale Industries ?
Ans. Abid Hussain Committee
22. Which Committee was formed to restructure the IDBI ?
Ans. Athreya Committee
23. Which Committee was formed to simplify the transfer rules in Security Market ?
Ans. Dhanuka Committee
24. Which Committee was formed to improve Customer Service at Primary/Urban Cooperative Banks ?
Ans. Goiporia Committee
25. Which Committee was created to formulate the policy on Disinvestment ?
Ans. G.V Ramakrishna Committee
26. Which Committee recommended that the Panchayati Raj should be constitutionally recognized, protected and preserved by the inclusion of a new chapter in the Constitution ?
Ans. L.M Singhvi Committee in 1986
27. Which Committee recommended the revival of Panchayati Raj Institutions and highlighted the need to transfer powers to local democratic bodies ?
Ans. G.V.K Rao Committee in 1985
28. Which Committee studied the problem of Criminalisation of Politics and of the nexus among criminals, politicians and bureaucrats in India ?
Ans. N.N Vohra Committee in 1993
29. Which Committee was created to analyze and formulate the Policy regarding Fertilizers ?
Ans. Hanumant Rao Committee
30. Which Committee was created to study and reform the Venture Capital ?
Ans. Chandra Shekhar Committee
31. Which Committee was created to analyze the working of the Cash Credit System ?
Ans. Chore Committee
32. Which Commission was created to facilitate the 7th Pay Commission ?
Ans. Justice A.K Mathur Commission
33. Which Committee was created to suggest reforms in Small Savings ?
Ans. R.V Gupta Committee
34. Which Committee was created to restructure the weak public sector banks ?
Ans. S.P Talwar Committee
35. Which Commission was created to establish University Grants Commission ?
Ans. Radha Krishnan Commission in 1948
36. Which Commission was created to study the problems faced by the Farmers ?
Ans. Swaminathan Commission in 2004
37. Which Committee was created to analyze the functioning of Indian Monetary System ?
Ans. Sukhamoy Chakravarty Committee
38. Which Committee was created to assess the fund requirement in the Power Sector ?
Ans. Udesh Kohli Committee
39. Which Committee was created to study the income tax rebates ?
Ans. Y.B Reddy Committee in 2001
40. Which Committee was created to suggest reforms in NBFC Sector ?
Ans. Vasudev Committee
41. Which Commission was setup to improve cattle condition in India ?
Ans. National Commission on Cattle in 2002
42. Which Commission was setup to review and assess the existing forest policy ?
Ans. National Forest Commission in 2003
43. Which Commission probed the Babri Masjid Demolition in 1992 ?
Ans. Liberhan Commission
44. Which Commission probed the assassination of Indira Gandhi in 1984 ?
Ans. Thakkar Commission
45. Which Commission investigated the cause of 1992 Bombay Riots in 2002 ?
Ans. Srikrishna Commission
46. Which Commission re-investigated the death of Subhash Chandra Bose in 1970 ?
Ans. Khosla Commission
47. Which Commission inquired the 2002 Godhra Incident and the communal riots ?
Ans. Nanavati-Shah Commission
48. Which Commission examined the Centre State Relations in 2007 ?
Ans. M.M Punchhi Commission
49. Which Commission was setup to maximize the benefits from Common River Systems between India and Bangladesh ?
Ans. India-Bangladesh Joint River Commission
50. Which Committee was setup to look into the Revenue Shortfall faced by the states ?
Ans. Sushil Modi Committee
51. Which Committee recommended the selling of OIL and ONGC fields to Private companies ?
Ans. Rajiv Kumar Committee
52. Which Committee was setup to recommend names for Lokpal ?
Ans. Justice Ranjana Desai Committee
53. Which Committee was setup to recommend steps for the Telecom Sector Revival ?
Ans. Aruna Sundarajan Committee
54. Which Committee was setup to study the convergence of Various Portfolio Investment Regimes ?
Ans. K.M Chandrasekhar Committee
55. Which Committee was setup by RBI in 1992 to identify several types of Irregularities in Securities Transactions which were used to siphon off funds out of the banking system ?
Ans. Jankiraman Committee
For Linux Tutorials, Check below Posts:-